Clan ABLE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan ABLE

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the new Clan ABLE forum!
ABLE members are encouraged to register with their in-game names only! (don't include the ABLE tag)

Vent/Skype/Teamspeak

Go down 
+8
SadBurro
bakasoldier
Or
alpinestar
Jeffbelittle
Boston
Acww52
FreakyFranky
12 posters

What VOIP server would you guys want? (only one will be officially supported)
Ventrillo
Vent/Skype/Teamspeak I_vote_lcap50%Vent/Skype/Teamspeak I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
TeamSpeak
Vent/Skype/Teamspeak I_vote_lcap20%Vent/Skype/Teamspeak I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Vent/Skype/Teamspeak I_vote_lcap30%Vent/Skype/Teamspeak I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Other (reply on thread to specify)
Vent/Skype/Teamspeak I_vote_lcap0%Vent/Skype/Teamspeak I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
FreakyFranky

FreakyFranky

Vent/Skype/Teamspeak Empty
PostSubject: Vent/Skype/Teamspeak   Vent/Skype/Teamspeak EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 2:04 am

That 1 second button push to talk can make the difference between getting backup or wasting a tp.
Personally, I put my vote in for Vent, should help bridge the communication gap.

I could set up a host on my server after I get back from alberta and see how everyone pings.

I'm opened to suggestions if you guys don't like vent/skype/teamspeak.

Last edited by FreakyFranky on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Acww52

Acww52

PostSubject: Re: Vent/Skype/Teamspeak   Vent/Skype/Teamspeak EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 2:35 am

the best voice i seen for ms is mummble. But its a bitch. A huge bitch to set up and very uncommon. i like vent the best
Back to top Go down
Boston

Boston

PostSubject: Re: Vent/Skype/Teamspeak   Vent/Skype/Teamspeak EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:45 am

I'm down for vent, though it's a pain in the ass to get everyone on board each game.

We could use it for more serious games, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Acww52

Acww52

PostSubject: Re: Vent/Skype/Teamspeak   Vent/Skype/Teamspeak EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 12:02 pm

its only a problem with new people. But if everyone knew we had a vent when we play with each other just log on.
Back to top Go down
FreakyFranky

FreakyFranky

PostSubject: Re: Vent/Skype/Teamspeak   Vent/Skype/Teamspeak EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 2:23 am

yeah i guess you're right
in-game voip should suffice for now
Back to top Go down
Jeffbelittle

Jeffbelittle

PostSubject: Re: Vent/Skype/Teamspeak   Vent/Skype/Teamspeak EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 4:56 pm

I don't understand why not use Skype. Have a big conference call for all players online.

Easy to do, it's free, and it promotes brotherhood.
Back to top Go down
FreakyFranky

FreakyFranky

PostSubject: Re: Vent/Skype/Teamspeak   Vent/Skype/Teamspeak EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 2:45 am

it would be a little confusing to have ppl in different games be in the same chat, but i get what you mean

for anyone who has skype, my skype name is warhog76
Back to top Go down
alpinestar
Admin
alpinestar

PostSubject: Re: Vent/Skype/Teamspeak   Vent/Skype/Teamspeak EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 3:03 am

Jeffbelittle wrote:
, and it promotes brotherhood.
i chuckled
Back to top Go down
Or

Or

PostSubject: Re: Vent/Skype/Teamspeak   Vent/Skype/Teamspeak EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 12:39 pm

Teamspeak, Vent, mumble are better to communicate and as stated before, it promotes brotherhood.

imo Skype uses too much bandwidth, and i never used mumble but a lots of people says it is very good.

between vent and ts i prefer, simply because im more used to it, but honestly i don't see great differences between both of them.

getting everyone on the vent/ts would not be an issue, it's pretty straight forward to setup, and after everyone knows about the server they would log in just as they would log on HoN

the problem of people in different games, is simple, just create different channels on the server

i would really like if we have a ts/vent server
Back to top Go down
bakasoldier

bakasoldier

PostSubject: Re: Vent/Skype/Teamspeak   Vent/Skype/Teamspeak EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 3:53 pm

I do have a vent channel that I use with some of my RL friends. Its pretty empty if you guys want to use it
vent7.gameservers.com

I don't think there's a password
Back to top Go down
Acww52

Acww52

PostSubject: Re: Vent/Skype/Teamspeak   Vent/Skype/Teamspeak EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 4:07 pm

the problem is everyone might not know each other voices. esp new people. So when you yell Deny me after a teamfight some people might not know who.
Back to top Go down
Boston

Boston

PostSubject: Re: Vent/Skype/Teamspeak   Vent/Skype/Teamspeak EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 6:56 pm

Thanks for the offer, Bakasoldier.
Back to top Go down
SadBurro

SadBurro

PostSubject: Re: Vent/Skype/Teamspeak   Vent/Skype/Teamspeak EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 7:51 pm

My vote is for either vent/ts because they are the most commonly used therefore most people understand how to use them. With the issue acww brought up, I think it doesn't take long for people to recognize each others voices.
Back to top Go down
ASPNET

ASPNET

PostSubject: Re: Vent/Skype/Teamspeak   Vent/Skype/Teamspeak EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 9:54 pm

vent is push to talk just like ingame. the voice sensitive feature of vent sucks pretty bad. if we're in for 3rd party VOIP i suggest skype
Back to top Go down
Or

Or

PostSubject: Re: Vent/Skype/Teamspeak   Vent/Skype/Teamspeak EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:46 pm

My vote is for ts3,since i have been using it from quite some time and never had any problem with it, and the voice sensitive works out of the box.

I used vent some time ago and didn't had any problem with the voice sensitive, maybe it just requires so tweaking on the settings
Back to top Go down
Pinscar

Pinscar

PostSubject: Re: Vent/Skype/Teamspeak   Vent/Skype/Teamspeak EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:04 am

I'm not in the clan or anything, but I love Vent. Been using it for years, way back when I started getting into DotA. Quick download, easy to use, loads of different settings to tamper with. I've never been a big fan of TS, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Or

Or

PostSubject: Re: Vent/Skype/Teamspeak   Vent/Skype/Teamspeak EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:18 am

I've got vps running linux and I'm able to setup a voip server on it wihtout any cost.

After some googling, I've found out that the only issue is that the public license of ventrilo server has a limit of 8 people online on the server at the same time.

While the free license of teamspeak server supports over 100 people online.

Imo 8 people slot is not enough since, we got 10+ online sometimes, so if we would setup the server on my vps it would need to be running teamspeak.

Also I haven't done any research about mumble tough, it could also be a possibility.
Back to top Go down
Headstrong

Headstrong

PostSubject: Re: Vent/Skype/Teamspeak   Vent/Skype/Teamspeak EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:29 am

i say vent when everyone is actually on and playing as a team but it would also be cool if everyone shared there skype names also just for the friendship factor Smile
Back to top Go down
Whitesock

Whitesock

PostSubject: Re: Vent/Skype/Teamspeak   Vent/Skype/Teamspeak EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:49 pm

I like skype tbh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vent/Skype/Teamspeak   Vent/Skype/Teamspeak Empty

Back to top Go down

Vent/Skype/Teamspeak
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan ABLE :: Off-Topic :: Forum Feedback-
Jump to: