Clan ABLE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan ABLE

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the new Clan ABLE forum!
ABLE members are encouraged to register with their in-game names only! (don't include the ABLE tag)

Switching My Role Up

Go down 
+2
Boston
Jeffbelittle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeffbelittle

Jeffbelittle

Switching My Role Up Empty
PostSubject: Switching My Role Up   Switching My Role Up EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:04 pm

So I'm kind've new to the 1600 bracket. It seems like most of the time I play with a good deal of 1700's and points are won in integers of 5-9 rather than 15-20, which is nice; however, I've been playing support, and love playing support. I want to become a more well-rounded player, and since Roaming is my favorite thing in this game by far, I was thinking I should practice another role, like say Initiation with Behemoth, Magmus, or Hammerstorm.

Problem is: these guys are only of equal skill to me if I'm playing support.

Anyone know the best way around this? I don't really like doing nostat games or PSR games to practice since playing with lower skilled players only promotes bad habits.
Back to top Go down
Boston

Boston

PostSubject: Re: Switching My Role Up   Switching My Role Up EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 10:47 am

you can either suck it up, and get your ass kicked by playing NM as roaming or play CM. CM is all about roaming so you'll certainly learn techniques there.

In fact, you're heavily rewarded for ganking in CM and are penalized if you don't so it may work to your advantage
Back to top Go down
Jeffbelittle

Jeffbelittle

PostSubject: Re: Switching My Role Up   Switching My Role Up EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 12:35 pm

Now there's on good idea. It's not that I'm afraid of losing by any means. I actually like my losses a lot more than my wins because I can review lost games and see where I could improve, I just don't want other people to lose rating over me experimenting.

CM isn't a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
SkyFel

SkyFel

PostSubject: Re: Switching My Role Up   Switching My Role Up EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 4:07 pm

If you decide to play CM to learn to roam just be sure to realize that it's much harder to pull off in NM, so be prepared for the switch. The hardest part of roaming is making sure you don't gimp the team by being an XP/Gold black hole.

You will always have less gold and XP as a roamer than as a laner, but you need to be able to be self-sufficient in terms of basic items (including wards). A 64 gpm behemoth certainly isn't gonna help the team much once pushes start happening.

Regardless, roaming is incredibly powerful and disruptive to the enemy team if done properly. In terms of roaming, Andro is definitely the best hero choice. Mag and Behe are great as well, but both really require PK's by mid-game, so it hurts the team more when their farm suffers.
Back to top Go down
FreakyFranky

FreakyFranky

PostSubject: Re: Switching My Role Up   Switching My Role Up EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 3:06 am

I've gone through what you're talking about.
No-stats AP.

It allows you to pick the hero you want to work on all the time. The only part that matters is the first 10-15 min. Whether you stay after that point, your victory will be determined by team cohesion and how badly you stunted the other team during your ganking phase.

It's a good way to quickly develop your ganking sense/abilities.

Once you've got your ganking sense up and running, play MM CM. You will immediately notice that you are raping the opponents because they are not getting wards. Your skills will slowly demand change as your MMR for CM increases. You will face the next obstacle which is wards.
Wards will force you to play differently, go different routes, and most importantly: know when to give up the gank and move back to mid/another lane.

These steps should sculpt you into a nice ganking role should your MM team require.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Switching My Role Up   Switching My Role Up EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 12:26 pm

Should you want to learn how to roam in NM TMM, hit me up, I'd be willing to help you out!

Usually when I'm not in a carry position I'll play the roamer/initiator.
Back to top Go down
Acww52

Acww52

PostSubject: Re: Switching My Role Up   Switching My Role Up EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 2:27 pm

usually im roamer/initiator cuz aces always carry* fixed
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Switching My Role Up   Switching My Role Up EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 4:10 pm

more like "Aces can only carry if I roam/initiate for him"
Back to top Go down
Jeffbelittle

Jeffbelittle

PostSubject: Re: Switching My Role Up   Switching My Role Up EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Well I'm building up to the roles one by one.

I started with Support.
Now I'd like to Roam with someone other than Andromeda.
Then Initiation
Then Mid-Stomper (Hag basically lol)
Then Finally learn to carry well.

Back to top Go down
Whitesock

Whitesock

PostSubject: Re: Switching My Role Up   Switching My Role Up EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:54 pm

Just remember when you initiate you are looking for their heroes to clump together, which may not always happen. as behe or amg it is sometimes better to let a teamate (say like a moraxus or electrician or someone of high hp) to run in and make the enemy attack them. This means the enemy team will have to clump up to attack your ally and it will set you up amazingly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switching My Role Up   Switching My Role Up Empty

Back to top Go down

Switching My Role Up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan ABLE :: General Discussion :: The Lounge-
Jump to: